By MediaWize, OCNJDaily
The dogs will have their day at a new event on the Ocean City Boardwalk on Saturday, Oct. 23.
Dog Day and the Humane Society of Ocean City’s Howl-O-Ween Parade will invite dogs and their owners to enjoy a day of fun on the Boardwalk, where pets are prohibited during the rest of the year.
Leashed dogs will be permitted on the Boardwalk from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 23. Activities will include dog-specific vendors at the Ocean City Music Pier, photo-op stations and the Humane Society’s announcement of Ocean City’s “Pet of the Year.” The event will allow owners to shop for dog treats, order custom-engraved dog tags, shoot photos with Santa and much more.
People are encouraged to dress themselves and their dogs in Halloween costumes for the Howl-O-Ween Parade at 3 p.m.
Registration is open now at www.ocnj.us/dogday, and all proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of Ocean City. Day-of registration will start at 2 p.m. at the Ocean City Civic Center at Sixth Street and Boardwalk.
The parade route will run from Sixth Street to 12th Street on the Boardwalk. Prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories with an awards ceremony at the 11th Street Pavilion following the parade.
MORE HALLOWEEN EVENTS IN OCEAN CITY:
- Halloween House Decorating Contest: Registration is open for the second annual Halloween House Decorating Contest in Ocean City. The contest encourages everybody to get in the spirit of the holiday in a safe and fun way. Judges will award prizes for homes in each of the city’s four wards and for businesses. Deadline for registration is 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22. A list of participants will be posted, so everybody can see the decorated homes. For more information and to sign up, please visit www.ocnj.us/halloween.
- Halloween Fest: The Ocean City Free Public Library will offer games, stories, crafts and a costume contest 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 under the tent outside the library at 1735 Simpson Avenue.
- Halloween Parade: Ocean City’s popular annual Halloween Parade travels Asbury Avenue from Sixth Street to 11th Street at 7:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 28. The event is sponsored by the Ocean City Exchange Club. For more information, call 800-813-5580 or visit ochp.blogspot.com.
- Halloween Costume Skate: The Ocean City Skate Park at Fifth Street and Asbury Avenue will celebrate Halloween 4 p.m. to dusk on Saturday, Oct. 30. Skateboarders are invited to come dressed for the holiday. There will be prizes for best costume and best trick, and candy for the participants.
- Trick-or-Treating: Hours for traditional trick-or-treating will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31.
- “The Addams Family” (School Edition): Students in grades 7 to 12 will star in a comical feast that embraces the wackiness in every family. The iconic TV show is now an award-winning Broadway musical. Show times are 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5 and 6 at the Ocean City Music Pier. Tickets $15. Call 609-399-6111 or visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice.
OCEAN CITY WELCOME NIGHT SET FOR OCT. 27:
The Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Welcome Night 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 at the Ocean City Sports and Civic Center at Sixth Street and Boardwalk. The free event offers residents a chance to meet and learn about Ocean City groups, businesses and organizations. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.