Ocean City’s popular Summer Concert Series on the Music Pier announces two new acts for the 2020 season: Don McLean with opening act Al Stewart (August 17) and Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (July 6).
Tickets go on sale Thursday, Feb. 20 for both these shows with a special pre-sale (use code BRE) 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19.
McLean is best known for his eight-and-a-half minute epic sing-along “American Pie,” and Stewart hit it big in the 1970s with tracks like “Year of the Cat” and “Time Passages.” Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are icons of the Jersey Shore music scene and are still rocking with soulful guitars and blistering horns.
The Summer Concert Series is nearly complete, and tickets are on sale now for eight different shows. The series brings popular rock and contemporary music acts to the stage usually on Monday nights throughout the summer.
Ticket sales are open for the following shows:
- Get The Led Out: A perennial favorite tribute to Led Zeppelin. 7 p.m. Monday, June 22. Tickets
- Los Lobos and Alejandro Escovedo: This L.A. band blends rock, Tex-Mex, zydeco and blues with hits like “La Bamba”. 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 23. Tickets
- Judy Collins and Arlo Guthrie: Two folk legends share the stage in Ocean City. 7 p.m. Monday, June 29. Tickets
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes: Jersey Shore rockers return to the Music Pier after a sold-out show in 2017. 7 p.m. Monday, July 6. Tickets
- Killer Queen: The premier Queen tribute featuring Patrick Myers as Freddie Mercury. 7 p.m. Monday, July 13. Tickets
- Straight No Chaser: An a cappella group with a wide repertoire and viral appeal. 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Monday, July 20. Tickets
- Don McLean with special guest Al Stewart: Two iconic songwriters team up to bring back songs from the ’70s and more. 7 p.m. Monday, August 17. Tickets
- Marshall Tucker Band and Pure Prairie League: Bands who helped invent Southern rock and country-rock. 7 p.m. Monday, August 24. Tickets
Tickets for these shows are available only through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. If these shows are not sold out before then, a limited number of tickets may be available through the Music Pier Box Office in the spring. The Music Pier is on the Boardwalk at Moorlyn Terrace.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR GIRLS WEEKEND FASHION SHOW
Tickets are on sale now for the popular annual Girls Weekend Fashion Show. The show is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, April 3, and this year moves to a larger venue at PLAAY Fitness and Yoga at 910 Asbury Avenue.
The event features clothes and accessories for sale in Ocean City’s retail shops and modeled by locals of all ages, including members of City Council. The lighthearted event will be catered by local restaurants. Advance tickets ($20) are required. They will be for sale:
- At the Route 52 Causeway Welcome Center
- At the City Hall Welcome Center (9th Street entrance at 861 Asbury Avenue)
- At Ta-Dah (1040 Asbury Ave.), Making Waves (836 Asbury Ave.), 7th Street Surf Shop (720 Asbury Ave.) or the Sneaker Shop (704 Asbury Ave.)
- Online through the Girls Weekend Blog: www.oceancityvacation.com/blog/girlsweekend2020.
Hotel and accommodations specials have been announced, and classes and activities will be following in the next few weeks. Follow updates on the Girls Weekend Facebook event page or on the event blog at oceancityvacation.com.
ALSO COMING UP
MARKET MADNESS (March 7): Boardwalk and downtown merchants in Ocean City will offer discounts on favorite local merchandise, goods, and attractions at a new event planned for Saturday, March 7. “Market Madness” will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the historic Flanders Hotel. Parking will be free, and food will be available for purchase a la carte.
U.S. AIR FORCE BAND (March 15): Enjoy a free concert by the brass ensemble of the U.S. Air Force Heritage of America Band. The show will feature orchestral transcriptions, patriotic favorites, jazz standards, new compositions, and distinctive arrangements. You must reserve tickets for this free concert by visiting oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, stopping by an Ocean City Welcome Center or calling 609-399-6111. General admission seating. Doors will open at 1:30 p.m.