By MediaWize, OCNJDaily
Ten contestants are competing for the Miss Night in Venice crown this year, and voting continues until 11 a.m. Monday, July 18.
The public picks the winner by donating to charity at local businesses.
To vote, look for a donation bucket bearing your favorite candidate’s photograph (including at the Ocean City Music Pier and 12th Street Welcome Center on the Boardwalk).
The biggest fundraiser among the 10 contestants will be named Miss Night in Venice.
All contestants will participate in the Miss Night in Venice Boardwalk Parade at 6:15 p.m. on July 18 on the Ocean City Boardwalk. The parade route will run from Fifth Street to 14th Street on the Boardwalk.
The public is also invited to the crowning of Miss Night in Venice at the Ocean City Tabernacle (550 Wesley Avenue) following the Boardwalk parade on July 18. The contestants also will appear together in the Night in Venice boat parade on Saturday, July 23.
This year’s contestants include:
- Gracie Anderson – Sponsored by Uncle Bill’s Pancake House
- Nora Bridgeford – Sponsored by Shriver’s
- Keely Calloway – Sponsored by Playland’s Castaway Cove and Prep’s Pizza
- Maura Dougherty – Sponsored by Fox Realty
- Andi Helphenstine – Sponsored by Gabriel Building Group
- Eva Hess – Sponsored by Ward’s Pastry
- Charis Holmes – Sponsored by Boyar’s Market
- Julia Keich – Sponsored by Johnson’s Popcorn
- Riley Richard – Sponsored by Voltaco’s Italian Food
- Ava Tarone – Sponsored by Mama Mia’s, Marmora
The following charities will share the proceeds of the funds collected by the 10 contestants: OCHS After Prom, The Hero Campaign, Shore Medical Center, American Legion Morvay-Miley-Cruice Post 524, Family Promise, Caring for Kids, Ocean City Historical Museum, and Sunshine Foundation.